Work side-by-side with Hidden VillaÍs Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) team as they grow Hidden VillaÍs organic produce. With your hands in the soil, youÍll learn from our expert farmers how Hidden Villa practices small-scale organic farming. Typical activities include seasonal planting, transplanting, weeding, harvesting, mulching, pruning, and building the occasional protective gopher cage.
No required commitment; Approved volunteers may show up at the beginning of any Wednesday shift without prior notification.
Getting your hands in the soil and seeing the immediate impact of your volunteer work at Hidden Villa is very rewarding. Other benefits include:
- Learn organic, small-scale farming concepts
- Participate in the Wednesday Potluck lunch hosted by our farm team
- Hidden Villa Parking Pass
- Volunteer t-shirt
- Discounted rates on tickets to special events.
- Seasonal appreciation gathering for volunteers who complete at least 10 hours
- Written letters of recommendation and official volunteer hours for external program requirements
Volunteers must be able to do manual farm labor for up to 3 hours. No experience with farming or gardening is necessary. This opportunity is for volunteers who are a minimum of 18 years old; volunteers under the age of 18 may volunteer in a tandem team with their parent or legal guardian. All volunteers must clear a background check.