Help our Property team maintain 8 miles of amazing wilderness trails. We have all the necessary tools you will need to trim back encroaching brush, clear fallen limbs, and make simple trail repairs. Volunteers can work on their own or with other volunteers. We also partner with The Trail Center for larger trail projects and invite all of our Trail volunteers to participate in these fun events. The spring season is typically when we need the most help.
Requires an ongoing commitment of volunteering one time per month.
Trail Volunteers take pride in knowing that tens of thousands of hikers and field trip students benefit from their hard work. You’ll also get great exercise while spending time on some of the most beautiful wilderness trails in the Bay Area. Other benefits include:
- Access to training from the Trail Center
- Enrichment activities throughout the year
- Hidden Villa Parking Pass
- Volunteer t-shirt
- Discounted rates on tickets to special events.
- Seasonal appreciation gathering for volunteers who complete at least 10 hours
- Written letters of recommendation and official volunteer hours for external program requirements
Trail Maintenance volunteers should enjoy spending time on our wilderness trails, be in good health, and be ready to work hard. They should also work in collaboration with our property team to maintain the trails according to our unique trail philosophy. This opportunity is for volunteers who are a minimum of 18 years old; younger volunteers may serve as a Tail Maintenance Volunteer in a tandem with their parent, legal guardian, or approved adult. All volunteers must clear a background check.