Hidden Villa Farm and Wilderness Preserve is seeking an energetic, responsible team player for the position of Art Coordinator. Hidden Villa is a non-profit, public benefit corporation with a 60-year history, focusing on environmental education. We use our organic farm, wilderness, and community to teach and provide opportunities to learn about the environment and social justice. Hidden Villa stretches over 1600 acres of open space in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, about 40 miles south of San Francisco.
Position Title: Art Coordinator
Reports to: Assistant Camp Director
Exempt/ Non-Exempt: Exempt
Oversee Hidden Villa’s Arts and Crafts program. Coordinate the use and distribution of supplies and materials as well as use of the Art Hut. Teach campers and staff a large variety of arts and crafts that are fun and support Hidden Villa’s Mission.
- Train counseling staff on the use of Art Hut and art supplies.
- Coordinate and manage the scheduling of the Art Hut and art supply requests from counseling staff.
- Manage your own schedule in partnership with other members of the camp team in order to best support programs
- Ensure that all ACA regulations concerning program area are adhered to, including supervision ratios.
- Teach a variety of arts & crafts to campers.
- Attend scheduled curriculum planning time in the evening and provide curriculum development support.
- Conduct a daily check of the arts and crafts area and equipment for safety, cleanliness and good repair.
- Submit orders for any necessary equipment or supplies, ensuring timely arrival of materials.
- Maintain an inventory of all supplies and equipment.
- Manage and document program budget
- Write up your activities and create an arts and crafts curriculum binder.
- Be available to fill in for cabin counselors when necessary.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned as required.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups of all ages and skills levels participating, and provide necessary instruction and communication of safety procedures to staff and campers.
- Ability to observe camper and staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Cognitive and communication abilities to plan and implement activities to achieve camper development objectives.
- Live onsite in a community with little privacy
- Training and experience in arts and crafts
- Ability to teach creative-arts activities within the framework of Hidden Villa’s mission
- Current CPR, First Aid, and CA Food Handler certifications; or willing to obtain
- Experience working with and teaching youth
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Desire and ability to work with youth in an outdoor setting
- At least 19 years of age
- Flexibility and patience
- Ability to utilize youth work appropriate self-care techniques
- Desire to learn and grow
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in an outdoor setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly stand; walk up to 7 miles on uneven terrain. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Benefits: $485 per week + experience. Shared housing and meals provided.
Hidden Villa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and campers.
How to Apply
Please submit an online application here.
Login/Make an account
Click Make a Reservation