Farm & Wilderness Guides are needed in our Environmental Education Program to lead 2nd through 6th grade classes during their field trip to Hidden Villa. Guides help students experience our organic garden through tasting fresh fruits and veggies, meeting farm animals face to face, and exploring the natural world on a short wilderness hike. These programs range from 3 - 5 hours, and group size is limited to approximately 8 children per guide.
Requires an ongoing commitment of leading one program a week, September through May.
There is nothing more rewarding than introducing kids to the wonders of Hidden Villa. Other benefits include:
- Customized training schedule
- Training manual
- Enrichment opportunities throughout the year
- Hidden Villa Parking Pass
- Volunteer t-shirt
- Discounted rates on tickets to special events
- Seasonal appreciation gatherings with handmade gifts for our volunteers
- Eligible for written letters of recommendation and official volunteer hours for external program requirements
- A tight community of volunteers and staff who work together on a weekly basis
Farm and Wilderness Guides should enjoy interacting with children and be open to learning how to safely share our trails, garden and animals with students. This opportunity is for volunteers who are a minimum of 18 years old. All volunteers must clear a background check.
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com to apply.