Hidden Villa is an educational organization that uses its organic farm, wilderness, and community to teach and provide opportunities to learn about the environment and social justice. Hidden Villa stretches over 1600 acres of open space in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, about 40 miles south of San Francisco. Our mission is “to inspire a just and sustainable future through our programs, land, and legacy.
The Community Programs Gatekeeper is responsible for staffing Hidden Villa’s entry gate on Saturdays and/or Sundays and some Holidays. The gatehouse contains a chair, small desk, heater, light, outlet, windows, and the supplies necessary to complete job responsibilities. It also receives a wireless internet connection from a nearby building.
Perfect job for retired individuals, students, someone interested in organic farming and working with the public.
Hidden Villa is committed to diversity in our workplace and our programs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected class.
- An outgoing and friendly manner with the general public.
- The ability to handle money and payments responsibly, and to keep records reliably.
- Must be able to work well independently and to problem solve.
- Must work well under the direction of Community Programs staff, and precisely follow detailed instructions.
- Greet guests as they enter Hidden Villa and be prepared to direct them to parking areas and meeting places for programs taking place on the property. Answer or redirect basic Hidden Villa related questions or inquiries.
- Collect the Day Use fees and responsibly and accurately handling all cash, checks, and credit card order forms.
- Competently and consistently use current Point of Sale software on which you are trained.
- Keep an accurate record of entering vehicles and maintain a personal timesheet.
- Distribute brochures and other promotional materials to entering guests.
- Communicate with weekend staff to assist guests and problem solve visitation related concerns.
- Properly operate the gatekeeper walkie-talkie and emergency cell phone.
Terms of Employment
This is a non-exempt (time sheet required) position. Shift is 7-1/2 paid hours with one unpaid half-hour lunch. (There may be less gate keeping dates available in the summer, as the property is closed many weekends for Summer Camp.)
The salary is $13.50 per hour.
How to Apply
Please send your resume with cover letter to: Personnel, Hidden Villa, 26870 Moody Road, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022. E-mail: email@example.com.