Who We Are:
When you work for Hidden Villa, you become a part of something BIG: a nonprofit organization with over 60 years of service delivery bringing diverse people together to learn and grow towards a sustainable, healthy, and just future for all. Founded in 1960, Hidden Villa empowers young people with the skills, experience, and tools to build solutions for climate change, food security, and inclusive society.
Our vision is a sustainable, healthy, and just future for all. Our mission is to foster educational experiences that build connections and inspire a deeper appreciation and respect for nature, food, and one another.
Our values are: Access, Community, Exploration, and Stewardship.
All voices are needed at Hidden Villa. We want our team to reflect the diversity of our community builders and participants. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our staff. Every new member of the Hidden Villa team is an opportunity for us to introduce fresh perspectives, talent, and skills into our workforce and our communities. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), People with Disabilities, and People from the LGBTQ+ communities are all encouraged to apply for our open positions! Our vision, in part, is for a fair and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We recognize we have a ways to go and a lot to learn.
The Gatekeeper is responsible for staffing Hidden Villa’s Main Gate and maintaining a positive and welcoming attitude for all our staff and guests.
- Great customer service skills.
- The ability to handle funds and payments responsibly, and to keep records reliably.
- Must be able to work well independently and to problem-solve.
- Must be able to and willing to accept schedule changes for special events on weekends.
- Familiar with Google Suite
- Greet incoming and outgoing guests and be prepared to direct them to specific areas on the property. Answer or redirect basic Hidden Villa-related questions or inquiries.
- Collect the Day Use fees, responsibly and accurately handling all cash, checks, and processing credit card transactions through the point of sale software.
- Keep an accurate record of entering vehicles using our visitor tracking log, and distribute parking passes when needed.
- Responsible for opening the main gate in the morning and closing it at the end of the day.
- Distribute brochures and other promotional materials to entering guests as needed.
- Communicate with weekend staff to assist guests and problem solve visitation-related concerns.
- Properly operate the gatekeeper walkie-talkie and other office equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment
This is a non-exempt (timesheet required) hourly position at $16.40/hour. Non-Benefited Position. Weekend shifts. Saturday or Sunday or Both Weekend Days. Day shift from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and occasional hours until 10:00 pm based on community needs and special events on the property and scheduled in advance.
How to Apply
Please send your resume with a cover letter to: Personnel, Hidden Villa, 26870 Moody Road, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022. E-mail: [email protected].
Hidden Villa is committed to diversity in our workplace and our programs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected class.