Hidden Villa is an educational organization that uses its organic farm, wilderness, and community to teach and provide opportunities to learn about the environment and social justice. Hidden Villa stretches over 1600 acres of open space in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, about 40 miles south of San Francisco. Our mission is to foster educational experiences that build connections and inspire a deeper appreciation and respect for nature, food, and one another.
The Gatekeeper is responsible for staffing Hidden Villa’s Main Gate and maintaining a positive and welcoming attitude for all our staff and guests.
Desired Experience/ Qualifications
- Great customer service skills.
- The ability to handle funds and payments responsibly, and to keep records reliably.
- Must be able to work well independently and to problem-solve.
- Must be able to and willing to accept schedule changes for special events on weekends.
- Google Suite
- Greet incoming and outgoing guests and be prepared to direct them to specific areas on the property. Answer or redirect basic Hidden Villa-related questions or inquiries.
- Collect the Day Use fees, responsibly and accurately handling all cash, checks, and processing credit card transactions through the point of sale software.
- Keep an accurate record of entering vehicles using our visitor tracking log, and distribute parking passes when needed.
- Responsible for opening the main gate in the morning and closing at the end of the day.
- Distribute brochures and other promotional materials to entering guests as needed.
- Communicate with weekend staff to assist guests and problem solve visitation related
- Properly operate the gatekeeper walkie-talkie and other office equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment
This is a non-exempt (timesheet required) $15.00 hourly position. Non-Benefited Position. Weekend shifts. Saturday or Sunday or Both Weekend Days. Day shift is from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and occasional hours until 11:00 pm based on community needs and special events on the property and scheduled in advance.
How to Apply
Please send your resume with a cover letter to: Personnel, Hidden Villa, 26870 Moody Road, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022. E-mail: [email protected].
Hidden Villa is committed to diversity in our workplace and our programs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected class.