Hidden Villa Farm and Wilderness Preserve is seeking an energetic, responsible team player for the position of Day Camp Resource Staff. Hidden Villa is a non-profit, public benefit corporation with a 60-year history, focusing on environmental education. We use our organic farm, wilderness, and community to teach and provide opportunities to learn about the environment and social justice. Hidden Villa stretches over 1600 acres of open space in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, about 40 miles south of San Francisco.
- Ability to maintain records and necessary administrative tasks as they relate to program equipment
- Ability to work well with peers in a team environment
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Live on site in a community with little privacy
- Desire and ability to work with youth in an outdoor setting
- Current CA Food Handler, WFR and CPR certifications preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record (no major infractions) required.
- At least 21 years of age
- Flexibility and patience
- Ability to utilize youth work appropriate self-care techniques
- Desire to learn and grow
Responsible To: Program Coordinators, Camp Director
Day Camp Resource Staff will be assigned to one program and support all aspects of that program as directed by Unit Leaders and Program Coordinators. Resource Staff are responsible for leading activities in many different program areas, supporting any activity preparation or clean-up as needed, and providing breaks to other program staff.
- Responsible for daily set-up, instruction and take down of all camp programs and other activities.
- Collaborate with Unit Leader or Program Coordinator to fill any program gaps by leading activities, or providing additional ratio support.
- Ensure that all ACA regulations concerning program areas are adhered to, including supervision ratios.
- Conduct initial and end-of-season inventory and store equipment for safety.
- Attend scheduling meetings; schedule and implement activities for campers daily.
- Submit request for orders for any necessary equipment or supplies, ensuring timely arrival of materials.
- Write up your activities and keep them in the Camp Drive.
- Stay overnight on Thursday evenings to provide support to Day Camp Overnights.
- Submit a written report at the conclusion of the summer evaluating the current season and making suggestions for the following season.
- Be available to fill in for Cabin Counselors/Unit Leaders as needed.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and others assigned as required.
- Ability to communicate and work with a diverse camper population, and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
- Ability to observe camper and staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Ability to observe and assess any program needs and respond to ensure smooth program operations.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to emergency situations.
Benefits: $470 per week + experience. Camping space and meals provided.
Round 1 Deadline: February 7th
Round 2 Deadline: March 9th
Hidden Villa is committed to diversity in our workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected category.
How to Apply
Please submit an online application here.
Login/Make an account
Click Make a Reservation