Hidden Villa Farm and Wilderness Preserve is seeking an energetic, responsible team player for the position of LIT/CIT Coordinator. Hidden Villa is a non-profit, public benefit corporation with a 60-year history, focusing on environmental education. We use our organic farm, wilderness, and community to teach and provide opportunities to learn about the environment and social justice. Hidden Villa stretches over 1600 acres of open space in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, about 40 miles south of San Francisco.
Position Title: LIT/CIT Coordinator
Reports to: Teen Camp Coordinator
Exempt/ Non-Exempt: Exempt
Responsible for co-managing Hidden Villa’s Leaders in Training (LIT) and Counselors in Training (CIT) programs. This includes curriculum development and implementation. Responsible for supervision of all campers in each program.
- Oversee scheduling of activities for each camp session and coordinate time off for staff in your camp.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all campers in your camp.
- Conduct written and oral evaluations of Leaders in Training and Counselors in Training program participants.
- Attend and be an active leader in All Staff Training.
- Produce a written report at the end of the summer.
- Work as a mentor in the LIT and CIT programs, teaching teens to work with children as well as leadership & life skills.
- Create a fun and exciting camp experience for teens in your charge
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving in the group
- Work with Teen Camp staff when there are camper adjustments or discipline problems
- Act as a role model among other staff members, demonstrating a high level of professionalism at all times
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and others assigned as required
- Ability to train and supervise staff and teens, and assess ability and skill levels appropriate to lead activities.
- Abilities to observe camper and staff behavior, assess appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to camp activities.
- Physical strength required to lift 25lbs. and respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid.
- Ability to live onsite in a community with little privacy.
- Previous camp staff experience in a supervisory capacity
- Current CPR, First Aid, and CA Food Handler certifications; or willing to obtain
- Ability to creatively schedule programs, facilities and staff
- Ability to develop and teach workshops
- Ability and experience in supervising youth programs
- Ability to coach and give feedback to a diverse group of staff and teen campers
- Excellent communication skills
- Social justice teaching experience and/or experience working with underserved youth populations
- Desire and ability to work with teens in an outdoor setting
- Strong interest in developing camp programs
- At least 21 years of age
- Flexibility and patience
- Ability to utilize youth work appropriate self-care techniques
- Desire to learn and grow
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in an outdoor setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly stand; walk up to 7 miles on uneven terrain. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Benefits: $480 per week + experience. Outdoor living space and meals provided.
Hidden Villa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and campers.
How to Apply
Please submit an online application here.
Login/Make an account
Click Make a Reservation