Hidden Villa is home to three gardens that reflect the beauty, care, and appreciation we hold for all living things. The Duveneck house, Dana Center, and Hostel are drought tolerant, ornamental gardens populated with mostly CA native plants. We are looking for volunteers who are excited about caring for and maintaining such spaces.
A Garden Keeper will be tasked with caring for a single garden which, alongside their partners, will be their own project to help flourish. In taking ownership of your garden you’ll be provided the guidance, resources, and autonomy you need to beautify and maintain these established garden spaces. Typical activities include planting, transplanting, weeding, mulching, watering and pruning.
Requires an ongoing commitment of volunteering a minimum of 3 months, once a week for a 2 hour shift.
**Please note that if this is not within your availability, we still encourage you to express your interest.
· Personalized training with our Assistant Farm Manager & Horticulturalist
· Enrichment activities throughout the year
· Hidden Villa Parking Pass
· Volunteer t-shirt
· Discounted rates on tickets to special events
· Seasonal appreciation gatherings
· Eligible for written letters of recommendation and official volunteer hours for external program requirements
· A community of volunteers and staff who work as a team to help accomplish Hidden Villa’s mission
Desired Experience/ Qualifications
Garden Keepers will ideally have a strong appreciation for gardening. They will be open to working with a volunteer partner, and on occasion other staff.
Garden keepers must be able to perform various physical duties as assigned, maintaining all safety standards; as well as perform some specialized tasks which may require on-site training. This opportunity is for volunteers who are a minimum of 18 years old. All volunteers must clear a background check.