We are seeking an experienced, administrative professional eager to work in a collegial environment to help propel the organization's fundraising to the next level. Hidden Villa is a nonprofit educational organization that uses its 1600-acre farm and wilderness area to further our mission to foster educational experiences that build connections and inspire a deeper appreciation and respect for nature, food, and one another. Hidden Villa’s history, programs, and community of support work in concert towards a sustainable, healthy, and just world for all.
About the Position
Reporting to the Interim Director of Development and Communications, the Administrative Assistant will be a key part of a small, hard-working team with exposure to all aspects of the organization’s work. This position requires strong attention to detail, excellence with excel and data management, event and registration support, donor prospecting, and administrative assistance for the Development and Communications Department. If you have great customer service skills, list management experience, and a passion for our mission, we want to meet you!
- Serve as the primary administrative contact for donors, including responding to emails, letters, and phone calls in a timely and professional manner; contact donors as needed to confirm gift details and associated benefits.
- Create weekly donor reports that provide research and background information on gifts.
- Perform weekly audits to ensure accurate data entry; prepare reports for the annual audit by working with the finance team.
- Support the development team in growing the major donor program, including building the portfolio, managing the pipeline, supporting campaign planning and execution, and conducting prospect research.
- Provide administrative support for the Institutional Giving program, including reports, inventory tracking, and other tasks as assigned.
- Accountable for list management of all organizational constituents in the CRM.
- Provide support and attend member/donor events (requires some nights and weekends).
- Assist team with all mailing projects including end-of-year mailing and holiday cards.
- Provide support in presentations to donors, institutions, and board members.
- Collect, organize, and archive all collateral used in fundraising communications and campaigns.
- Partner with colleagues to support Hidden Villa's work to be a diverse and inclusive organization.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
Desired Experience/ Qualifications
- Strong database experience (Salesforce preferred) and Google Suite skills.
- Prospect Research experience desired.
- Ability to exercise judgment in a position of responsibility and to work with or without supervision while coordinating and prioritizing individual workload and communication with colleagues.
- The mindset of curiosity about philanthropy, donors, and their motivation for giving.
- Highly organized and capable of creating effective, efficient systems.
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required, with 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Valid California driver’s license, clean driving record.
- Must be able to work onsite and lift 20 pounds.
Documentation establishing your right in the United States is required along with the submission of fingerprints and the subsequent successful background check. Please note we require staff to be vaccinated for Covid unless they are exempted by law.
Terms of Employment
- This is a non-exempt position eligible for benefits. This position is 30 hours/week. Most of our staff is currently remote, but this position will be required to be in the office at least 2 days weekly. Occasional weekend or evening work will be required.
- The pay rate is $27/hour (depending on experience)
- Generous benefits include health and dental insurance plans, vacation, and holidays.
- Work with a collegial and inspiring team that values and respects your contributions to our success!
Who Is This For?
Documentation establishing your right to work in the United States is required.
All applicants will be required to do Live Scan fingerprinting before hire.
Hidden Villa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workplace and our programs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected category. Hidden Villa is a non-smoking environment.
How to Apply
Please submit both your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Hidden Villa is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected category.