Hidden Villa is a non-profit, public benefit corporation with a 60-year history, focusing on environmental education. We use our organic farm, wilderness, and community to teach and provide opportunities to learn about the environment and social justice. Our vision is a sustainable, healthy, and just future for all. Our mission is to foster educational experiences that build connections and inspire a deeper appreciation and respect for nature, food, and one another. Our educational programs are designed to inspire people of all ages to be stewards and caretakers of the environment and each other.
About the Position
The Development Assistant provides support for our Annual Fund including major donor prospect support, campaign assistance, and gift processing and acknowledgments. Other tasks include implementing donor communications and stewardship projects, event support, and general office management. The Development Assistant provides customer service for all donors across multiple channels: on the phone, in writing, and in person at donor events.
- Processes gifts with accuracy. Create and send acknowledgements in a timely manner.
- Create weekly donor reports that provide research and background information on gifts.
- Perform weekly audits to ensure accurate data entry.
- Create and send monthly donor renewals.
- Support the development team in growing the major donor program, including building the portfolio, managing the pipeline, supporting campaign planning and execution, and conducting prospect research.
- Provide administrative support for the Institutional Giving program, including data entry, acknowledgment, record keeping, reports, inventory tracking, and other tasks as assigned.
- Serve as primary administrative contact for donors, including responding to emails, letters and phone calls in a timely manner; contact donors as needed to confirm gift details and associated benefits.
- Prepare reports for the annual audit working with the Finance team.
- Track and maintain development inventory, including print archives; reorders supplies; gift inventory for donors.
- Provide administrative support for the department.
- Provide support and attend member and donor events as needed (requires some nights and weekends).
- Assist team with all mailing projects including end of year mailing and holiday cards.
- Collect, organize, and archive all collateral used in fundraising communications and campaigns.
- Partner with colleagues to support Hidden Villa's work to be a diverse and inclusive organization.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
Desired Experience/ Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required, and 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience in data entry and customer service preferred.
- Both detail and big picture oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain focus and detail orientation in a fluid environment.
- Mindset of curiosity about philanthropy, donors, and their motivation for giving.
- Strong skills in Google and Microsoft Office Suites and experience with Salesforce preferred, but not required.
- Adept at coordinating and prioritizing individual workload while maintaining focus and communication with colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment.
- Strong skills in customer service.
- Demonstrated interest in mission driven work.
Terms of Employment
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Salary: $23.50/hr; Hidden Villa provides a benefit package that includes vacation and sick leave, medical, dental, acupuncture/chiropractic and retirement benefits.
Who Is This For?
Documentation establishing your right to work in the United States is required.
All applicants will be required to do Live Scan fingerprinting before hire.
Hidden Villa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workplace and our programs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected category. Hidden Villa is a non-smoking environment.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].