Hidden Villa Farm and Wilderness preserve is seeking an energetic, responsible team player for the position of Facility Rentals Manager. Hidden Villa is a non-profit, public benefit corporation with a 60-year history, focusing on environmental education. Our vision is a sustainable, healthy, and just future for all. Our mission is to foster educational experiences that build connections and inspire a deeper appreciation and respect for nature, food, and one another. Our educational programs are designed to inspire people of all ages to be stewards and caretakers of the environment and each other. Hidden Villa stretches over 1600 acres of open space in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, about 40 miles south of San Francisco.
- Contribute to Hidden Villa’s success by using its rental spaces to generate direct income and to support Hidden Villa’s delivery of programs.
- Responsible for all services to the general public and property visitors including farm visits, rentals, weekend family programming, and the Access Pass Program.
- Ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of all rental spaces, engaging volunteer labor when possible and support from the Property Department and contractors when appropriate
- Work with the Property Manager to plan ahead for future improvement projects that maintain and enhance rental facilities
- Provide support during weekends by helping to keep building spaces used by the general public clean and tidy
- Organize and execute the annual transitions between of the Hostel’s use as a rental facility and its use as a Summer Camp facility
- Participate in the rotation of on-call weekend managers
- Manage the booking process for guests and Hidden Villa programs for all rental facilities and outdoor picnic areas
- Prepare Hidden Villa facilities and staff to receive rental guests in a way that represents Hidden Villa’s commitment to a positive guest experience and that, to the best of our ability, meets their specific needs
- Ensure that all individual guests and groups are personally welcomed to Hidden Villa and provided with organizational information that leads to an enhanced understanding of Hidden Villa’s mission, services, and how to deepen connections
- Plan, coordinate and implement educational, cultural, and community-building events
- Procure entertainers and workshop leaders to lead educational and cultural programs
- Oversee website Calendar of Events and participant registration and communications
- Support program staff leading classes, farm tours and organizing events
- Manage the Access Pass program and facilitate community connections to Hidden Villa property and programs
Communication and Coordination
- Organize and distribute a distillation of upcoming facility related activities for internal communication
- Anticipate potential conflicts for rental facility use and find solutions that best serve Hidden Villa’s organizational health
- Participate in regular organizational meetings including All Staff Meetings, Managers Meetings, occasional Board Meetings, annual Board Retreat, and other special meetings as the needs arise.
- Arrange additional meeting with program, property, and administration staff as necessary to allow for smooth coordination of facility usage and maintenance
- Conduct outreach and utilize Hidden Villa’s marketing vehicles to build upon the current base of Facility Rentals customers
- Market add-on services to rental groups like facilitated teambuilding and catering
- Cross market Hidden Villa’s other services to rental customers
- Record biographical information of rental facility guests and regularly share this information with the Development Department
- Manage relationships with preferred vendors and promote our preferred vendor list to rental groups
- Create an effective Community and Guest Services team including a Community and Guest Services Coordinator(s), Gatekeepers, and volunteers.
- Supervise staff; provide ongoing training, coaching, and opportunities to take on additional responsibilities
- Recruit and manage individual volunteers who serve as hostel hosts or maintenance support
- Coordinate groups volunteer projects with the Volunteer and Service Coordinator
- Create, track, and manage the annual budget for the Community and Guest Services Department
- Oversee regular administrative tasks like running credit card payments, preparing deposits, reconciling deposits with the Finance Department, processing registrations, and keeping database friendly records of customers
Desired Experience/ Qualifications
A high level of customer service skill and experience is required along with experience in the hospitality and /or conferences and retreats industry. Strong communication, management, and budgeting skills are also critical for this position. Information technology literacy is very helpful. They must be able to lift 40 lbs. A valid driver's license and clean driving record (no major infractions) strongly preferred. Documentation establishing your right to work in the United States is required along with submission of fingerprints and the subsequent successful background check. The Community and Guest Services Director is required to live onsite; housing is provided.
Terms of Employment
This is a full time, exempt position with salary of $65,000 and benefits package. Hidden Villa provides a benefit package that includes vacation and sick leave, medical, dental, acupuncture/chiropractic and retirement benefits. This is a residential position. Evening, weekend, and holiday work is required.
How to Apply
Please mail your cover letter and a copy of your current resume to [email protected].
Hidden Villa is committed to diversity in our workplace and our programs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected category.