Who We Are:
When you work for Hidden Villa, you become a part of something BIG: a nonprofit organization with over 60 years of service delivery bringing diverse people together to learn and grow towards a sustainable, healthy, and just future for all. Founded in 1960, Hidden Villa empowers young people with the skills, experience, and tools to build solutions for climate change, food security, and inclusive society.
Our vision is a sustainable, healthy, and just future for all. Our mission is to foster educational experiences that build connections and inspire a deeper appreciation and respect for nature, food, and one another.
Our values are: Access, Community, Exploration, and Stewardship.
All voices are needed at Hidden Villa. We want our team to reflect the diversity of our community builders and participants. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our staff. Every new member of the Hidden Villa team is an opportunity for us to introduce fresh perspectives, talent, and skills into our workforce and our communities. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), People with Disabilities, and People from the LGBTQ+ communities are all encouraged to apply for our open positions! Our vision, in part, is for a fair and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We recognize we have a ways to go and a lot to learn.
- Partners with the Associate Director to understand and execute the organization's human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, retention, and succession planning.
- Utilize recruitment software to post jobs, sort and rate candidate, collect EEOC data
- Regularly review posting sites to ensure that we are meeting DEI goals for recruitment as well as tracking for DEI hiring goals
- Works with broad network of community partners, universities, agencies to post positions in diverse communities; Focusing on BIPOC, LGBTQ+ candidates
- Attend Job Fairs as needed
- Commit to learning HR laws regarding recruitment and hiring
- Coordinating of interview process and reference checks
- Creation of offer letters
- Complete online/in person onboarding
- Collect I-9 Documentation
- Act as Custodian of Record for DOJ/Live Scan clearance
- Maintaining digital and when needed physical files for employees, and their documents, benefits and attendance records
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Coordinate and/or deliver and track New Hire Training and other Staff Enrichment Trainings (Specifically Anti Harassment Training, every employee, every two years and Department Specific training requirements, ie. equipment/tractors)
- CalOSHA trainings/tracking/IIPP in conjunction with the Property Department
- Track any on the job injuries and worker’s compensation reporting
- Prompt the organization to start Annual Staff Evaluations and maintain records
- Maintain job description records (current/historical)
- Tracking any Leaves of Absence (paperwork/followup)
- Covid vaccination (or other required) medical tracking
- Conducting any Exit Interviews
- Acts as witness in multiple meetings, including disciplinary meetings
- Offers guidance on the Personnel Handbook to staff
- Available to hear challenges/concerns/problems in staff member’s worklife and offer support/solutions, or referrals
- May be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Organization of Hidden Villa’s virtual files (server and Google drive)
- General office administration: Reception/phones; photocopying; mail duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate. Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Terms of Employment
This is a full time (average 40 hours/week) non exempt position. Workdays are Monday through Friday. Occasionally weekend or evening shifts will be required to support organization/board events. We are currently in a hybrid work setting, hence require an onsite presence, schedule to be determined.
Pay: $28-$33 per hour, to be negotiated, depending upon qualifications.
Hidden Villa provides a benefit package that includes vacation and sick leave, medical, dental, vision, acupuncture/chiropractic and retirement benefits.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter with answers to the questions below, to [email protected].
- What about this position, specifically at Hidden Villa, interests you?
- What experience, skills or knowledge do you have that would make you a good fit for this position?
- How would you describe the community value of Hidden Villa’s mission?
Documentation establishing your right to work in the United States is required along with Livescan and the subsequent successful background check. Must have a valid California Driver’s License. Hidden Villa is a nonsmoking environment. We require vaccination for Covid.
Hidden Villa is committed to diversity in our workplace and our programs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected category.