The Director of Development leads the organization’s grants and contributions strategy, enabling sustainable growth of Hidden Villa’s expanding fundraising efforts. We are seeking a team-oriented professional who will take a refreshed, forward-thinking approach to increasing contributed revenue in the following areas:
- A strategist who is able to successfully manage annual strategy and strategic vision.
- Ability to choose strategies and actions that are most important to reaching desired outcomes and minimizing risk.
- A strong communicator with an ability to connect the dots across many stakeholders and many projects to successfully keep all initiatives on track.
- Skilled at building relationships and communicating effectively with a diverse group of partners, clarifying roles and relationships, translating big ideas into tactical plans, and tracking details through to resolution.
- Experience working in a complex fundraising environment with a successful track record in securing major gifts and an understanding of philanthropy in the Silicon Valley.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated success and senior level responsibility, including 5+ years of direct supervisory experience, in nonprofit organizations.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to diplomatically coordinate departmental activities, impose and manage timelines, and provide excellent overall coordination to meet deadlines.
- Ability to write highly competitive proposals in a fast-paced environment in a variety of styles ranging from the highly technical to personal.
- Proven success at planning and executing on department and organizational goals through leading and managing a team of employees.
- Ability to understand and prepare financial reports and budgets.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce preferred; other CRM experience also considered.
- Commitment to our equity statement and diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a related field; MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred. Additional 4 years of related work experience may be substituted for the degree.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Director of Development” in the subject line.
- Lead the planning and vetting of complex, cross-institutional gift opportunities to realize Hidden Villa’s Strategic Plan and Vision. Collaborate with organizational leaders from other departments to identify and respond to funding needs and craft revenue opportunities. Work closely with the finance department to reach alignment on projections and income secured. Work with the Annual Fund and Development Manager to roll out the annual fundraising plan.
- Develop a robust major giving initiative with systematic stewardship efforts.
- Manage the overall department budget, monthly income goals, check-ins, and discovery of Hidden Villa’s fundraising potential.
- Source and help develop specific gift opportunities at various levels to ensure underwriting of organizational and strategic priorities with an eye towards growth and organizational development.
- Full life cycle responsibility for grants. Facilitate grant writing and grant management while serving as the lead in both writing and managing the team (including external consultants) to both write and coordinate all aspects of grants. Continuously monitor and enhance internal grant writing related systems, organizational metrics, evaluation, and language to increase quality and competitiveness of grants and reports. Work with the Finance Team to generate financial reports and accurate budgets for grant proposals and reports, ensures compliance with grant terms and restrictions. Independently communicate with foundation professionals to submit proposals and field questions.
- Oversee the CRM Strategy utilizing Salesforce, organization’s donor management system, to measure and monitor fundraising and projections, identify, cultivate and manage important relationships, manage grant lifecycles, play a key role in multiple annual campaigns and maximize donor communication and stewardship. Work in conjunction with the Director of Communications and Annual Fund and Development Manager to provide oversight for relationship strategy.
Terms of Employment
- Starting salary of $150,000, depending on experience
- Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution available)
- Flexible spending account options
- Paid time-off including 15 days vacation per year (increasing with continued employment, sick leave and paid holidays
- Weekly organic vegetable basket, discounted eggs, and meat throughout the growing season.
- Annual professional development fund
- Local professional learning opportunities
Encouraging Applications from All Backgrounds
Hidden Villa is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.