Hidden Villa Farm and Wilderness Preserve is seeking an energetic, responsible team player for the position of Volunteer Engagement Manager. Hidden Villa is a non-profit, public benefit corporation with a 60-year history, focusing on environmental education. We use our organic farm, wilderness, and community to teach and provide opportunities to learn about the environment and social justice. Hidden Villa stretches over 1600 acres of open space in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, about 40 miles south of San Francisco. (Women and BIPOC are strongly encouraged to apply.)
Our mission is to foster educational experiences that build connections and inspire a deeper appreciation and respect for nature, food, and one another
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Volunteer Engagement Manager will develop and oversee engagement opportunities for current and prospective volunteers, donors and institutional partners. The Volunteer Engagement Manager will execute volunteerism opportunities at many levels, including community events, and around special moments of the year.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience, and at least 5 years of volunteer or other management experience
- Experienced self-starter, with exceptional attention to detail, well- organized and able to plan and execute meetings and events from conception to completion with minimal guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to demonstrate good judgment, discretion, a customer service with volunteers, donors, and staff at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability as a facilitator and group leader
- Experienced in risk management and CPR/first aid certified
- Software proficiency with Google Suite and Salesforce
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
Encouraging Applications from All Backgrounds
Hidden Villa is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
In collaboration with the leadership team, the Volunteer Engagement Manager will identify key volunteer roles related to Hidden Villa’s strategic plan and steward volunteer recruitment and engagement to fulfill mission-aligned volunteerism.
- Define and delineate types of volunteer roles that exist and scope the role description for each
- Develop a recruitment strategy that engages mission aligned volunteers
- Design onboarding experience for each volunteer type
- Work with Development team to find creative ways for donors to be intimately engaged with our programs
- In collaboration with the Program team, identify new creative opportunities to engage and retain volunteers and add value to Hidden Villa programs
- Create and manage volunteer database and/or portal
- Design and manage volunteer compliance process, ensuring all volunteers are Livescanned and in compliance
- Design and execute training for HV staff to best work with volunteers
- Determine the most effective training mechanisms to improve volunteer skillset and effectiveness including ongoing training opportunities
- Develop workflow and communication between program and volunteers
- Collaborate with organizational leaders from other departments to identify and respond to programmatic needs and strategic opportunities.
The Volunteer Engagement Manager will create and steward strategic mission-aligned partnerships (community partners such as universities for staffing and internships, other nonprofits) that deepen HV’s impact, and secondarily engage corporate partnerships (such as local business or technology companies) to help fund the organization’s mission.
- Engage corporate and partnership groups to recruit passionate volunteers. Onboard and train volunteers, and create the systems to effectively manage the volunteers to help execute Hidden Villa’s mission
- Conduct relationship-building visits throughout the year with corporate contacts and consistently document key conversations and pertinent information into the database.
- In partnership with program, property, and development staff, develop and lead corporate volunteer engagement opportunities that strengthen the wider community’s relationship and commitment to Hidden Villa
- Create and manage corporate engagement program, including opportunities for corporate facility rentals, farm and wilderness experiences, to support Hidden Villa’s revenue streams
- Build the pipeline for corporate support by identifying, researching and engaging local and regional organizations
- Coordinate with the Communications team to develop collateral, and support corporate partnerships through social media support.
- Design and execute corporate engagement strategy, including one-time opportunities for corporate volunteerism
Terms of Employment
- This position is full-time, exempt in Los Altos Hills, CA. Workdays are Monday through Friday, occasional weekend or evening work will be required to support volunteer engagement and organization/board events.
- Salary for this position is $72,000, depending on experience.
- Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution available)
- Flexible spending account options
- Paid time-off including 15 days vacation per year (increasing with continued employment, sick leave and paid holidays
- Benefits include health insurance, paid time-off, and paid holidays.
- Professional development opportunities available.
- Work with a collegial and inspiring team that values and respects your contributions to our success!
- Weekly organic vegetable basket, discounted eggs, and meat throughout the growing season.
- Local professional learning opportunities