The Farm Coordinator assists the Director of Agriculture and Assistant Farm Manager in daily field work on Hidden Villa’s regenerative farm and reports to the Director of Agriculture. The Farm Coordinator works with the Director of Agriculture, the Assistant Farm Manager and the other members of the farm team to deliver high quality food and flowers and experiences that connect participants, donors and volunteers to Hidden Villa.
- Assist in daily field operations to meet production goals for CSA, donations to Community Services Agency of Mountain View (CSAMV), farmer’s market and HV donor events.
- Co-manage the propagation, maintenance, harvest, marketing, and post harvest handling of all farm crops.
- Create floral arrangements for CSA, events and market.
- Contribute to CSA communication through weekly seasonal newsletter.
- Coordinate farm tasks and assist with mentoring farm assistants.
- Supervise individual farm volunteers and volunteer groups.
- Participate in departmental and organization wide meetings and communication.
- 1-2 years of experience in regenerative agriculture, farming and/or flower growing.
- A personal commitment to the value of sustainability, especially in agricultural practices.
- Comfortable working independently, outdoors, and in physically demanding situations.
- Skilled in communication and able to multi-task with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform and maintain a good attitude under pressure or during stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize work based on safety needs and programmatic use and to delegate effectively.
- Valid driver's license.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience operating a tractor.
- Basic understanding of construction, power-tool usage, and utilities (water/electric).
- Interest in experiential learning and an ability to work with diverse groups.
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes but is not limited to: harvest, packing, delivery, seeding, planting, weeding, irrigation maintenance, tractor work, and compost building. The Coordinator will also assist with communication through the weekly farm newsletter, record keeping and is expected to attend relevant departmental and organizational meetings.
- Physical ability to stand, reach, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, walk, crawl, push, pull, and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills in English.
- Able to communicate clearly, effectively and promptly to colleagues, visitors and volunteers.
Terms of Employment
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position. Due to the nature of project management and farming, work hours will vary throughout the year and hours should be adjusted as appropriate. Occasional weekend and evening work required. The compensation for this position is $26/hour. This position is fully benefited, including paid time off, health insurance and retirement.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and references to [email protected].
Hidden Villa is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.