Seasonal Farm Assistants are integral members of the Farm team and will work collaboratively with the Agriculture Director, Assistant Farm Manager, and Farm Coordinator on organic field and greenhouse production to provide for our Community Supported Agriculture program, the local food bank, and the farmer’s market. Reporting directly to the Director of Agriculture, the Seasonal Farm Assistant responsibilities will encompass all aspects of operating a successful, small-scale, direct market farm. This is a full-time, intensive, seasonal position that provides a supportive environment within which new farmers can gain the skills needed to operate independently. This is a job in which you learn by working.
- Work with the Agriculture Director, Assistant Farm Manager, and Farm Coordinator to maintain production of vegetables, flowers and fruits of sufficient quantity and duration to support the needs of the CSA, local food bank, and farmer’s market.
- Heavy physical work outdoors including harvesting, weeding, planting, and operating machinery.
- Weekly supervision of volunteers in work on the farm.
- Participation in Hidden Villa meetings, community programs, and donor events.
- One year of production experience in organic agriculture.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to work outside performing manual labor; physical labor includes ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must pass a Livescan background check.
Terms of Employment
Hidden Villa is hiring two full-time, non-exempt (hourly) Seasonal Farm Assistants. These positions are fully benefitted, including health insurance, paid time-off (vacation & sick), and retirement. The compensation for these positions is $16/hour with an onsite housing option. These positions are seasonal, beginning March 2024 and continuing through the end of October 2024.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hidden Villa is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.