Save the date: Saturday, April 27th! Join in community at Hidden Villa to Weave a Sustainable Future together at the Sheep and Fiber Arts Festival!
Join us for a celebration of fiber, community, and handcrafts at Hidden Villa’s Sheep & Fiber Arts Festival! Marvel at the art of sheep shearing as skilled shearers harvest wool from our flock. Experience the joys of traditional craftsmanship with fiber-processing demonstrations and activities. Discover the profound climate benefits of natural fibers and dyes as we explore how eco-friendly practices contribute to a healthier planet. Meet local makers and find inspiration in the beauty and magic of handmade traditions.
For kids and adults of all ages, there's something for everyone:
- Follow the thread from sheep to shawl: Visit the sheep. Help prepare wool for spinning. Watch herders, shearers, and craftspeople at work.
- Get your hands wet at the community dye pot: turn the ordinary into something extraordinary with plant-based pigments
- Remake, reuse, recycle: learn how to transform holey sweaters and torn jeans into mended works of art
- Get inspired by our local makers showcase:
- Interact with makers at work
- Visit our gallery of works from spinners, knitters, crocheters, weavers, quilters, clothing makers, and repurposing wizards
- Enjoy live music and food trucks featuring food from the farm