Teen Group Leaders are needed to help our Youth Development team lead middle school and high school students around our farm and wilderness areas. Volunteer responsibilities include guiding farm tours, leading wilderness hikes, assisting in farm to fork culinary activities and facilitating service learning activities. These programs typically last 5-6 hours, and group size is limited to approximately 12 teens per guide.
Requires an ongoing commitment of one time per month.
There is nothing more rewarding than introducing teens to the wonders of Hidden Villa and watching them build confidence and camaraderie right before your eyes. Other benefits include:
- Comprehensive training
- Enrichment activities throughout the year
- Hidden Villa Parking Pass
- Volunteer t-shirt
- Discounted rates on tickets to special events.
- Seasonal appreciation gathering for volunteers who complete at least 10 hours
- Written letters of recommendation and official volunteer hours for external program requirements
Teen Group Leaders should enjoy interacting with teens and be open to learning how to safely share our trails, garden, and animals with students according to program requirements and training. This opportunity is for volunteers who are a minimum of 18 years old. All volunteers must clear a background check.