Open from September through May
A stay at Hidden Villa Hostel offers the quiet charm of country life. The Hostel is uniquely situated on a 1,600-acre property with gardens, farm animals, and wilderness preserve in a tranquil valley in the Santa Cruz Mountain foothills. Eight miles of hiking trails are just steps from the Hostel door. The Hostel was founded by Josephine and Frank Duveneck in 1937 and in 2001 its main building, kitchen, office, and bathrooms were rebuilt, earning the new Hostel a prestigious national award from the American Institute of Architects (AIA) as one of the 10 best sustainable projects in the United States.
Renting the Entire Hostel for a Private Group
The entire Hidden Villa Hostel can be rented out for hosting your private group. The Hostel facilities are ideal for yoga and meditation retreats, family gatherings and celebrations, colleges and other organizations. The Hostel can sleep up to 39 guests. Please note that a 2-night minimum is required for groups renting out the Hostel during weekends (a 3-night minimum for holiday weekends).
Now taking bookings for September - December 2014 private use weekends.
or call (650)949-8648 for more information.
How far in advance can I make a reservation?
- Private weekend group (entire hostel) - up to 2 years in advance
- Mid-week private group or school group - up to 1 year in advance
- Small groups, families, and couple cabins - up to 2 months in advance
- Bed in a dorm (mid-week only) – up to 2 weeks in advance.
- The Hostel is usually fully reserved on the weekends by private groups.
Additional Team Building Options for Groups