Saturday, September 28th
From 3:30 – 7:30 pm*
See map below for locations
Experience a tasty journey
and adventure around the farm!
Thanks to everyone who came out for the event! Check back here throughout the year to learn more about special events happening around the farm.
Join us as we learn from and honor the people and processes contributing to a more resilient, just, and thriving regional food system. This year’s event will take attendees on an experiential journey through the principles of regenerative agriculture and its impact on our environmental and social landscape:
- Sip handcrafted cocktails from Shoots & Roots Bitters while unpacking soil health in our Educational Garden and Greenhouse Field
- Investigate the intersections of animal welfare and ecological resilience in our pasture with Hidden Villa’s animal husbandry team and other partner farmers
- Savor the outcome of a life well-lived with a selection of local cheeses and wines courtesy of Whole Foods
- Uncover the links between strong, diverse communities and healthy, diversified agriculture with Marsha Habib of Oya Organics, and learn about what it means to cultivate an equitable and inclusive food system
- Test out our tomatoes, enjoy live music from Handsome Hound over a spot of locally made ice cream, and get your hands on unique Hidden Villa goods at our silent auction
- Digest it all over a feast of roasted Hidden Villa chicken and pork loin, vegetarian-friendly portobello mushrooms stuffed with goat cheese and fresh herbs, seasonal vegetables, and summer tomato salad served up by Roadside Rotisserie
There is room for everyone at the table, including the littlest eaters among us! Kid-friendly activities and farm animal visits will run throughout the evening
Come taste Hidden Villa’s mission to inspire a more just and sustainable future!
* We have so many great things happening during the evening, we extended the program to ensure folks have time to enjoy it all!
Hidden Villa models a regenerative, organic agriculture that respects the capacity and wildness of the land, honors labor, and values animal welfare. Our small-scale cyclical system integrates best practices in holistic management and grazing, demonstrates biomimicry, and practical applications of farm-scale engineering. The food we produce feeds our local community, supports our educational programs, and is the best communicator of the quality that comes from practicing responsible agriculture.
Oya Organics is a small diversified organic farm operating in the Central Coast region of California. They grow row crops and raise hens using organic techniques, and maximize their use of on-farm and local resources. The Oya Organics team is comprised of young farmers from different cultural backgrounds, mother tongues and farming traditions. They are guided and inspired by their family’s farming history, more experienced farmers in the area, and their own youthful idealism!
Roadside Rotisserie SF is a mobile food unit that specializes in rotisserie chicken and meats including pork ribs, pork loin, turkey thighs as well as flavorful side dishes and salads. Roadside Rotisserie serves mostly locally sourced meats and vegetables from small farms no further than 200 miles from the Bay area.
Root Down Farm is a female-owned pasture-based poultry and pig farm located in Pescadero, California. RDF’s mission is to humanely raise the healthiest animals possible, while working within our ecosystem to responsibly steward the land and improve soil health. RDF works with various breeds of animals to balance humane standards with the meat folks want to eat. Their animals roam the pastures, are fed an organic, non-GMO grain and are never given any hormones!
Shoots & Roots Bitters was founded by Rachel Meyer, Selena Ahmed, and Ashley DuVal – three female scientists that promote biodiversity through research, teaching, and the creation of science-based botanical blends that draw from ecology, cultural practices, and flavors around the world.
Whole Foods’ purpose is to nourish people and the planet. Whole Foods is a purpose-driven company that aims to set the standards of excellence for food retailers. Quality is a state of mind at Whole Foods Market.
3:30 – 4:00pm: Check-in – Grab a cocktail from Shoots & Roots and get a head start on our guided tomato tasting
4:00 – 7:00pm: The journey begins – Visit our interactive stations, tuck in to a fabulous meal, and meet our amazing food and farm partners
7:00 – 7:30pm: Wrap up & dessert – Enjoy live music and ice cream sundaes
- Pasture-raised Hidden Villa chicken rubbed with thyme, garlic, and paprika
- Pasture-raised Hidden Villa pork loin
Fresh Fruit & Vegetables
- Broccoli and potatoes slow-roasted in pan drippings
- Roasted portobello mushroom stuffed with goat cheese and fresh herbs (vegetarian entree)
- Summer tomato salad
- Ice cream topped with seasonal fruit and a local honey drizzle
- Cocktails mixed by Shoots & Roots Bitters
- Local Wines
Map & Logistical Information:
Click to View Map
Frequently Asked Questions:
Click Here to View FAQ
What are my transport and parking options getting to the event?
Staff will be directing farm traffic and organizing parking up ranch. We encourage you to carpool with friends and family. There will be a complimentary shuttle available for folks who need assistance moving around the property during the event.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No need– we can check you in without it!
Where do I check-in?
Check-in tables will be set up in front of the Wolken Education Center, located at the top of the main parking lot.
Is this an outdoor event? How should I dress?
This is a dynamic outdoor event that includes a handful of different locations around the upper ranch, and guests who are able will be navigating around gardens, pastures, and dirt roads. Please wear comfortable and closed-toe shoes. We also recommend bringing layers and sun protection. Although the evening is not formal, festive attire is welcome!
What kind of activities will there be? How should I prepare?
Food Worth Celebrating is no ordinary farm to table meal. Your edible journey around the farm will include conversations with local farmers and ranchers, guided tastings, and some opportunities to get your hands a little dirty! All activities will be inclusive and welcoming, and guests always have the option to opt-out. All you need to enjoy your evening is a curious mind and some room in your belly!
Are there different menu options? Can you accommodate dietary restrictions?
Check out the menu above for the full scope of our tasty fare! There will be a vegetarian entree available exclusively to those who requested the vegetarian option during online registration. There will only be vegetarian entrees for those who requested them, so we ask that omnivorous folks stick to the meat entree to ensure that everyone leaves full and happy. If you need to make a change to your meal preference, please email Virginia at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate additional dietary requests. We apologize for any inconvenience.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email Virginia at email@example.com.Please Note: No dogs or smoking will be allowed at the event.
Click to read about the Silent Auction
Participants can bid on exclusive Hidden Villa items! Auction closes at 7:15pm.
- CSA Subscription: Weekly basket of fresh organic produce during the CSA season
- Dinner in the Duveneck House: Intimate full course meal for 10 people featuring seasonal and sustainably raised Hidden Villa ingredients in the Duveneck House.
- Egg Subscription: A dozen eggs each week for a year
- Flower Subscription: Weekly bouquet from Hidden Villa during the CSA season
- Dinner in the Field: Intimate food extravaganza that features seasonal and sustainably raised Hidden Villa ingredients
- Seasonal Pie: Homemade pie! Four pies, one for every season
- Thanksgiving Turkey: A sustainably raised 16 lb. turkey from the farm
- Wool Rug: Wool hide from the farm
- Fly over Hidden Villa: 1-hour flight over Hidden Villa, the Santa Cruz Mountains, and the Pacific Ocean with a seasoned pilot and tour guide