March 6, 2020
Dear Hidden Villa Community,
Our programs leadership team is committed to visitor safety above all other priorities. Usually this focuses on safe interactions with farm animals, and awareness of ticks, poison oak, and other everyday hazards.
In this moment of heightened concern about the potential spread of infectious disease, and especially the COVID-19 or “novel Coronavirus”, we want you to know that, following recommendations by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and County of Santa Clara Public Health Department, our staff have been making special preparations to enhance our safety levels and to eliminate as many risk factors for virus transmission.
The following protocols are currently in place during Hidden Villa programs:
- Tours will begin with a brief review of best hygiene practices when coughing, sneezing, blowing one’s nose, using the restroom, or hand washing. Chaperones can expect to be drafted into the role of reinforcing these best practices.
- Direct hand-to-hand food-sharing will be eliminated until background risk factors diminish.
- Program activities that call for manual contact, such as hand-holding, will be suspended, or modified to eliminate problematic contact, until background risk factors diminish.
- Program activities that call for sharing of tools or materials will be suspended or modified to make them safer.
- Hidden Villa’s professional cleaning schedule has been doubled until further notice. Nonetheless, indoor activities will be modified and/or eliminated in favor of outdoor activities wherever possible.
- If you are feeling sick or experiencing fever or any flu like symptoms, we require that you stay home. We have asked our staff to do the same.
We believe these procedures will make an already safe and enjoyable day at Hidden Villa even safer.
Thank you. We hope to see you on the farm soon!