Tuesday – Friday for 3 – 7 hours. 1 shift weekly. Get the training and support to be a stellar and impactful environmental educator, serving local PreK-6th graders who bring joy and fun on a field trip visit to our farm and wilderness space.
Check out a short video about our Education Programs.
We ask that new guide volunteers shadow a few programs, before we offer a training and orientation to this volunteer experience. Please complete a Volunteer Application and Waiver.
Volunteers benefit from seeing how Hidden Villa works from the inside and can take pride in knowing that their work leads to thousands of people enjoying Hidden Villa each year. Other benefits include:
- Enrichment activities throughout the year
- Annual pass to Hidden Villa after 10 hours of volunteering
- Discounted rates on tickets to special events.
- Annual appreciation gathering
- Written letters of recommendation and official volunteer hours for external program requirements
- Hidden Villa newsletters and communications
We're looking for volunteers interested in sharing their love of the outdoors with students from all 9 counties around the Bay Area. Experience as a formal or informal educator is helpful, but not required. Being able to commit to a regular, weekly shift, is crucial in this role, though with advanced notice of vacations or time away, we can accommodate volunteers with busy lives.