Josephine's Retreat is the ideal spot for a romantic getaway or personal reflection time. Available for overnight rentals, this cozy, one room, furnished cabin sits on a secluded sunny hillside above Hidden Villa, a 1600-acre organic farm and wilderness preserve. You'll enjoy beautiful views and miles of walking trails just outside your door. Frank Duveneck built the cabin in 1940 for his wife, Josephine, who used the cabin for reflection and inspiration. Frank and Josephine made Hidden Villa their home in 1924 and began promoting environmental awareness and multicultural understanding through a number of programs that still exist today and form the heart of Hidden Villa: our environmental education school program and our multicultural summer camps.
NOTE: Friday and Saturday must be booked together
- Cozy, one-room cabin available for overnight rental
- Accommodates 1 or 2 adults
- Double bed with linens
- Redwood deck
- Electric lights and heater
- Kitchenette: all electric; small fridge, microwave, toaster & tea kettle, French Press coffee maker, dishes and silverware
- Cold running water
- Five-minute walk from parking to cabin
- Shower is available in the hostel main building
Josephine's Retreat is available year around. Please check our availability Calendar below.