Josephine's Retreat is the ideal spot for a romantic getaway or personal reflection time. Available for overnight rentals, this cozy, one room, furnished cabin sits on a secluded sunny hillside above Hidden Villa, a 1600-acre organic farm and wilderness preserve. You'll enjoy beautiful views and miles of walking trails just outside your door. Frank Duveneck built the cabin in 1940 for his wife, Josephine, who used the cabin for reflection and inspiration. Frank and Josephine made Hidden Villa their home in 1924 and began promoting environmental awareness and multicultural understanding through a number of programs that still exist today and form the heart of Hidden Villa: our environmental education school program and our multicultural summer camps.
- Cozy, one-room cabin available for overnight rental
- Accommodates 1 or 2 adults
- Double bed with linens
- Redwood deck
- Electric lights and heater
- Kitchenette: all electric; small fridge, microwave, toaster & tea kettle, French Press coffee maker, dishes and silverware
- There is cold running water
- Five-minute walk from parking to cabin
- Shower is available
Rates and Dates
- Available September through May
- Weekend (Fri and Sat): $200
- 3-day Holiday weekend (3-night minimum stay): $300
- Weekday: $65/night
- Mid-week (Sun-Thurs): $300
- Week (7 nights): $425
- Gift Certificates are available
- Reservations required with 100% deposit
- $50 cleaning/damage check refundable
- VISA and MasterCard accepted
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Minimum 30 days notice to receive a refund
- Cancellation fee: 30% of deposit
Reservations are required.
To check availability or make a reservation, see Josephine's Retreat Calendar. For more information please email email@example.com or call (650)949-8648.
All proceeds benefit The Trust for Hidden Villa.